Casa Frida Concept
History of the project
Grisell de la Rosa, entrepreneur, owner and author of Casa Frida. This project was born in honor of her grandmother, Petra Elena García Zamora, who established the first art gallery in Ensenada called “Galeria García” over 60 years ago. Grisell spent many moments of her childhood there, developing her appreciation for art. Moreover, many of her family members are established artists who have exposed their work around the world, which is why she decided to reconnect with her roots and develop this project dedicated to Mexican art.
On a trip to Coyoacán, in Mexico City, Grisell and her daughter Stephany visited the Frida museum and that is where she reencountered her passion for art and decided to bring a piece of the heart of Mexico to Guadalupe Valley.
Casa Frida Valle de Guadalupe is a concept inspired in art and praising Mexican culture, architecture, music and the exciting world of wine divided into different stages:
- Casa Frida and Casa Diego: themed houses for rent through airbnb. The architecture, colors and decoration transport you to a specific time, place and space that elevates the experience of the accommodation beyond just hosting you.
- Frida Select Tasting Room: where we continue with the theme that inspires this project, located where the first chapel of Guadalupe Valley was over 70 years ago.
- Asador Campestre: from the hand of Chef Christian Herrera we created Frida Asador Campestre, a fusion of sky, sea and land.
- Main tasting room: Summer 2018.
- Art gallery: Fall 2018.
- Hotel Boutique: Summer 2019.
From Art to Wine
Our slogan is the basis of our project. Everything begins in art and ends in wine, as you can see on our bottle labels. It all started with a work of art for our thematic houses and ended by beautifying our wine and our products.
We are committed to offering you a concept that is completely different from anything you’ve seen before in Guadalupe Valley, playing with the 5 senses in order to achieve a complete sensory experience.